Watch the Video of the Online Panel Discussion, October 2022
Access Matters Aotearoa and Auckland University of Technology (AUT) Te Wānanga Aronui o Tāmaki Makau Rau invite you watch the online panel discussion,
The Accessibility for New Zealanders Bill: Transformational or a Missed Opportunity?
The Accessibility for New Zealanders Bill proposes the establishment of a new legislative framework intended to address systemic access barriers that prevent disabled people, tāngata whaikaha, their whānau, and others with accessibility needs, from living independently and participating in all areas of life.
The panel will discuss the Bill’s strengths and shortcomings, and the issues that the Select Committee should consider in its assessment of the proposed legislation.
- Dr Lida Ayoubi - Senior Lecturer in Law, AUT
- Warren Foster - Barrister and Director
- Olivia Kelly - Senior Lecturer, AUT School of Public Health
- Jonathan Mosen MNZM - CEO of Workbridge
- Esther Woodbury - Lead Advisor Disability, NZ Human Rights Commission
- Juliana Carvalho - Lead Access Matters Campaigner
The online panel was held over Zoom.
Date: Monday 17 October 2022
Time: 5:30pm - 7:00pm
Accessibility: NZSL and CC
- Accessibility for New Zealanders Bill with alternative formats also available
- Access Matters Aotearoa's Example Bill
- Information to help you make a submission on the Accessibility for New Zealanders Bill